Title: Hospice RN/Case Manager, Delaware OH & Surrounding Counties
Employment Type: Full Time with **SIGN-ON BONUS**
Shift: Monday-Friday 8:30 a.m. – 5 p.m. (flexible)
As a Tranquility Hospice Nurse, you will affect the journey, with love, dignity, and care that values life.
Being of service to others is more than a career – it is a calling. We are committed to supporting our staff to fulfill their personal and professional goals. Tranquility Hospice foster’s a supportive family environment with a collective philosophy that Hospice is a celebration of life.
If you are looking to make a difference and to use your experience and compassion for others in the communities, we live and serve than Join Our Team Today!
Description: RN is a member of the interdisciplinary group who works together to meet the physical, psychosocial, medical, and emotional and spiritual needs of the patients and their families. The RN role is designated to provide coordination of all aspects of care including ongoing assessment of the patient, family and caregiver’s needs and implementation of the interdisciplinary plan of care.
Scope of Work:
· Nursing: Plan, coordinate and provide hospice care in accordance with the patient’s plan of care. Coordinate hospice care by collaborating with other team members as well as with the patients/family members to ensure needs are met. Consult with the attending physician and Hospice Medical Director concerning changes in patients’ condition requiring order changes and/or changes in the plan of care.
· Documentation: Submit complete, accurate and relevant clinical notes in a timely manner. Participate in IDG and case conferences. Ensure patient plans of care are kept current.
· Communication: Provide education to patients/family members regarding the dying process, plan of care and offers guidance with healthcare decisions. Obtain a medical history from the patient and/or a family member particularly as it relates to the present condition.
· The RN case manager plans and delivers care to patients utilizing the nursing process, planning, interventions, implementation, and evaluation.
· Provide supervision and education to STNA’s and LPN’s.
· Participates in bi-weekly interdisciplinary team meetings.
· Develops and organizes plan of care for patient’s individual needs and makes any changes and updates as patient’s needs change.
· Provide education to patients, families, and referral sources.
· Identify and utilize resources, referrals such OT, PT, Pharmacy, Medical Supplies, Durable Medical Equipment, and other consults.
· Provide effective communication and shift reports thru written and verbal communication.
· Technology: Use of Electronic Health Record, Email, computers, and cell phone devices
· Minimum of one year RN experience.
· Hospice, Home Health, or Long-Term Care experience preferred but not required.
· Strong leadership and organizational skills.
· Effective assessment and critical thinking skills.
· Knowledge of the case management processes.
· Valid Driver’s License with reliable, insured automobile.
· Must be able to communicate well, both verbally and in writing
· Must be a graduate from an accredited School of Nursing.
· State of Ohio License – Registered Nurse (Unincumbered)
· Physical activities will include, walking, sitting, stooping, and standing.
· Participates in on-call rotation based on program needs.
· Travel to servicing counties.
· Able to lift fifty pounds.
· Competitive Salary
· **SIGN ON BONUS**
· Paid Holidays
· Health Insurance
· Dental Insurance
· Vision Insurance
· Life Insurance
· Mileage Reimbursement
· Paid Time Off
· Attendance and Incentive Programs
· Positive Team Environment with support for each other!
Tranquility Hospice LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer Drug Free Workplace
Tranquility Hospice LLC / Tranquility Health Care LLC complies with applicable Federal Civil Rights Laws and does not discriminate based on race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, retaliation, parental status, military service, or other non-merit factor.